The Bird Hide
£2,750.00 ex. VAT (£3,300.00 inc VAT)
A unique bird hide designed to not only look beautiful but provide practical shelter for watching wildlife.
The bird hide arc doesn’t require foundations and has disabled access. Organisations such as The National Trust, Wildlife Trust and the Countryside Education Trust enjoy having these bird hides on their sites. Private and public schools around the UK have also realised the benefit of the bird hide as an outdoor learning tool but also the practical experience and team building benefits of allowing the children to build their own shelter.
- Supplied flat packed for self assembly
- 4 open / close viewing ports (Arc end) (600mm x 400mm)
- 1 roof window (Arc side) (1.1m x 400mm)
- 3 canvas covered aluminium core tensile arches in a choice of colours
- Pressure treated weatherboard cladding (Rough sawn spruce)
- Aluminium core tensile arches for strength
- Anchor brackets to secure the bird hide to the ground
- Tested in up to 60 mph winds
- 10 year guarantee
(To order a bird house with any optional extras, please get in touch with us directly so that we can customise your order)
• Windows – you can modify your hide as you wish, creating your own viewing windows once the hide is positioned. We can create a full length window at a specified height for children and wheelchair users. We need the measurement from ground up to the start of the side window.
- 3m long side window £34.17+vat / £41 inc. vat
- 4.8m long side window £136.67+vat / £164 inc. vat
- 6m long side window £210+vat / £252 inc. vat
• Solid front with braced timber personnel door £350+vat / £420 inc. vat The door can be adapted for disabled access for an extra £33.33 +vat / £40 inc. vat.
The wood doesn’t require staining or painting and will age beautifully to blend in with thelandscape. If your bird hide will be in an exposed area, we recommend adding the ground anchors
to your order for extra stability.
Delivery and build
Our bird hides come flat packed for self assembly.
Planning authorities like the arcs as they are movable, don’t need foundations and blend elegantly into the landscape.
Sales support information
Front timber wall and door weighs approx. 80kg, requiring 4 people to carry it.
Recommend anchor blocks fitted as standard.
Build instruction will be provided by Mark when the arc is delivered. He will make sure that the customer gets started on the build and will stay until he is happy that they know how to finish the build successfully.
|Bird Hide Size|
Small: 3m(L) x 3.3m(W) x 2.6m (H), Medium: 4.8m(L) x 3.3m(W) x 2.6m (H), Large: 6m(L) x 3.3m(W) x 2.6m (H)